Simple Ways to Save!
Evaluate your monthly utility expenses.
Do you really need that expensive premium TV package? Consider cutting down on TV and finding new and less expensive ways to entertain your family.
Other utility bill tips:
- Invest in a programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature while you’re away from home.
- Limit dishwasher, washer and dryer usage.
- Cancel your home phone or downgrade to a cheaper package.
Find out if you can lower other monthly payments.
Call your credit card company and ask them to lower your rate. If they can’t lower your rate and you have good credit, transfer your credit card balances to a low-interest credit card.
- Shop for auto, home and life insurance. You may be able to lower your premium.
- Evaluate your healthcare costs and make sure your plan is appropriate for your household’s medical expenses. Take advantage of open enrollment periods to find out if better choices are available.
- Contact your cell phone company to see if your data and calling plan is appropriate for your usage.
- If you’ve paid up to 80% of your mortgage loan and are currently paying for Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), contact your lender to request a PMI cancellation.
Make time in your weekly schedule to do things yourself instead of paying others to do it. They may be chores to you, but setting aside time to complete a project can be very rewarding.
- Try washing and ironing your own clothes and save on dry-cleaning.
- If you have pets, groom them yourself.
- Skip the car wash and detail your own car.
- Have a spa day at home and do your own manicures and pedicures.
Finally – don’t spend the extra cash you’ve saved!
You’ve made the necessary lifestyle changes. You’re putting in the work to save money and pay off your debt. Stay disciplined and keep saving. And once you’ve reduced your debt, make saving a permanent step in your personal budget plan. Start building an emergency fund, invest in your retirement or pay for your child’s education.
What Our Clients Say
We saw the ad on Facebook and joined the rate watch list. Two weeks later we saved! Our mortgage was a 4.85 and now its 3.975! Awesome!Felecia C.
Best thing about Inspector Mortgage? NO SPAM! The bank they teamed me up with was great. Hope I win the no payments for a year!Robert R.
We have refinanced our loan twice using InspectorMortgage.com! We also used them for our insurance and saved $130.00 per year!Melanie & Koby E.